The idea with the No. 52 five pockets leather bifold wallet was to make a simple, rugged yet practical card holder that can comfortably carry about 8-10 cards in a very compact form. One feature that we really wanted black leather wallet was quick access to our go-to card for example the subway card or id card that we can tap away without searching for the card. Nordic EDC No. 52 leather wallet has 5 card pockets and can carry about 10 cards comfortably and more once the leather stretches out a little. It features a convenient front pocket for quick access to your go-to card.
This all black leather wallet is made using premium eco-friendly full grain vegetable tanned leather from our Swedish pride, Tärnsjö Garveri who make some of the most beautiful leathers in the world. Each wallet is hand-stitched using the traditional saddle stitching technique. This makes the wallet extremely durable. Unlike the sewing machine lock stitch which will completely unravel, if a thread does break, the saddle stitch will still hold together.
Talking about durability, we have left no detail unturned in this vertical leather bifold wallet. We use Danish-made 0.6mm Ritza 25 tiger thread which is a super tough wax-coated polyester thread. Even if your wallet gets soaking wet, the thread is going to hold its strength. We love how this thread adds a decorative as well as rugged look to the wallet! Even the edges are beveled, sanded, and burnished by hand. We then dye the edges and put a light coat of natural beeswax before burnishing it to get its nice sheen. This wallet is completely handmade with a lot of love and attention to detail and proudly carries our makers mark on it!
Nordic EDC leather wallets are made to last. Instead of wearing out, this wallet will wear in and become more and more beautiful with a rich patina as you use it every day…a perfect Nordic EDC!
No. 52 Leather Bifold Wallet Features
- 6 pockets including four vertical front pocket and two hidden pockets.
- Premium leather wallet handmade in Sweden.
- TÜV Rheinland and Organic Control Standard (OCS) certified leather from Tärnsjö Garveri
- Aniline dyed using soluble dyes without covering the top with insoluble pigment or topcoat paint.
- 3 oz. full grain vegetable-tanned leather; the best quality leather available.
- 0.6mm Ritza 25 Tiger braided polyester thread.
- Traditional saddle stitching by hand.
- Burnished edges and lightly waxed by hand.
- Dimensions closed: 80mm (W) x 100mm (H) x 12mm (T)
- Dimensions open: 165mm (W) x 100mm (H) x 6mm (T)
- Stamped with our signature makers mark