Inspired by the indigo of the raw selvedge denim, we put together this amazing No. 62 leather bifold wallet blue. The rich denim blue coloured leather on the outside and natural vegetable tanned leather on the inside saddle stitched together by hand with contracting white thread creates one elegant, yet durable leather wallet. The leather we use for this wallet, as always, comes from one of the most famous tanneries in the world and our Swedish pride, Tärnsjö Garveri about 100km north of Stockholm.
Each leather bifold wallet blue is hand stitched using tradition saddle stitching technique. This makes the wallet extremely durable. Unlike the sewing machine lock stitch which will completely unravel, if a thread does break, the saddle stitch will still hold together. Talking about durability, we have left no detail unturned. We use Danish made 0.6mm Ritza 25 tiger thread which is a super tough wax coated polyester thread. Even if your wallet gets soaking wet, the thread is going to hold its strength. We love how this thread adds a decorative as well as rugged look to the wallet! Even the edges are bevelled, sanded and burnished by hand. We then dye the edges and put a light coat of natural beeswax before burnishing it to get its nice sheen. This wallet is completely handmade with a lot of love and attention to details and proudly carries our makers mark on it!
Nordic EDC leather wallets is made to last and instead of wearing out, this wallet will wear in and become more and more beautiful with a rich patina as you use it every day…a perfect Nordic EDC!
No. 62 Leather Bifold Wallet Blue Features
- No. 62 leather bifold wallet blue is handmade in Sweden.
- 6 pockets including four vertical front pocket and two hidden pockets.
- TÜV Rheinland and Organic Control Standard (OCS) certified leather from Tärnsjö Garveri.
- Aniline dyed using soluble dyes without covering the top with insoluble pigment or topcoat paint.
- 3 oz. full grain vegetable-tanned leather; the best quality leather available.
- 0.6mm Ritza 25 Tiger braided polyester thread.
- Traditional saddle stitching by hand.
- Burnished edges and lightly waxed by hand.
- Dimensions closed: 85mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 12mm (T).
- Dimensions open: 170mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 6mm (T).
- Stamped with our signature makers mark.